MealShift is a platform that connects restaurants and food delivery drivers with an easy to use mobile app. Restaurants post ‘Shifts’ when they need delivery drivers and drivers apply to these Shifts when they want to drive. Drivers are contracted and paid by our partner restaurants for the specified number of hours in the Shift and for each delivery.
As self-employed contractor hired for food delivery by our partner restaurants via MealShift, you are paid a fixed rate per hour and per delivery (which we call ‘drops’) for the Shifts you work. Earnings for a Shift will depend on the transport used and number of drops. You choose when you work - so the more you work, the more you earn! All earnings are subject to a service fee.
|Driver with car||£10.00||+ £2.00|
|Restaurant provides car||£7.00||+ £2.00|
|Driver with moped||£9.00||+ £2.00|
|Restaurant provides moped||£7.00||+ £2.00|
|Driver with a bike||£8.00||+ £2.00|
|Restaurants provides a bike||£6.00||+ £2.00|
Your earnings will be automatically sent to your bank account every week. You can also view and manage your earnings through the app.
The minimum age to partner with MealShift is 18 years old for bike and moped riders and 21 for car drivers.
You are required to have Business Use insurance that covers food delivery, as well as Hire & Reward cover for moped riders and car drivers. You don't need insurance cover for bicycles or if the delivery vehicle is provided by the restaurant. If you don't know where to get insured, we recommend Zego, who provides Pay-as-you-go Delivery Insurance.
You need to be at least 18 years old and have the right to work in the UK. We made our onboarding process very simple and you can start working within hours. More information will be provided during registration.
As an independent contractor, it's your responsibility to provide yourself with the
following equipment that you will need:
- You’ll obviously need some wheels: This can be a car, moped or bicycle.
- Safety gear including a helmet and protective clothing if you're riding a moped, and a helmet if you’re riding a bicycle.
- You’ll need a mobile phone; iOS or Android, which needs to be fully working, with mobile data. You’ll need to have your phone on and with you at all times when you are travelling to the restaurant for your Shift and throughout your Shift.
- It's important to have a portable charger that you can carry with you, so your battery doesn't run out during your Shift.
- You will need a high quality, insulated, thermal food delivery bag. if you don't have one you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can start delivering through MealShift as soon as you sign up and provide us with some information about you, which will be requested when you register and onboard in the app. Onboarding is super quick and easy - you could even start the same day if you provide all the correct information and have the equipment you need.
Contact-free pick up and delivery means riders can work without coming into direct contact with restaurant staff or customers, for their own safety and others around them. This usually means picking up orders without making direct contact with the restaurant staff and dropping off orders on the ground outside the customer’s door and stepping back at least 1 metre.
It's completely up to you! You can use either your own car, moped or bike.
Alternatively, many of our partner restaurants and takeaways provide vehicles for drivers and riders to use.